Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A new me

Ok so all you people who keep saying I am bad at remembering to blog - and yes I know I am but this stems from years of journals I start and then never get back to, in fact I am sure in my basement I have at least 6 from years before kids and I had a wonderful plan to do a journal for cassie when I was first preggers - and I barly wrote after her 6 month birthday.

That being said I am going to put a concerted effort into writing more, if not for as long. Maybe the idea that a journal entry has to be longer then 250 words is what kills it. I have been inspired by 3 different things lately. Oh maybe 4. Well they are "Eat Prey Love" "The Happiness Project" and Julie and Julia - the movie.

In each of these items the women are looking for something - the elusive something. I too am looking for more, and as most of my friends can atest to I have been talking about and arond this for some time. I spend a ton of time wanting something more, and have yet been unable to define this thing, which makes it very hard to find. This just means that moving forward I am going to try a couple of things.

I am going to do my own happiness project. I am going to find a hobbyish thing to do, I am going to take up running (seriously) this time and I am going to focus on finding what the "thing" I keep looking for is.

Small items I know. I am also going to try and write a little about the kids everyday, so I can really remember these days, because some times all I can remember is how long it takes Marcus to sleep, or the fact that Cassie is often forgetting her listening ears.

Today Marcus fell asleep on my chest, something he does not do very often anymore. He also is trying very hard to scoot forward on his bum, and pull forward on what ever is infront of him. This ends with a lot of face plants but he is trying to move - keep posted for news here.

Cassie today was thrilled to get to rewad some of her recent library books. She really enjoyed the one with the big sister duck bossing the little baby duck. Sounds like our house. She is also really liking time with mom at the end of the day. Just cuddling in bed, before she falls asleep. This is new, and something different since she is not generally a cuddly girl. In fact the other day she grabbed my arm and pulled it under her chin as we layed in her bed. I love you Mom she said. My heart grew three sizes in that moment.

No comments: