Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Little feet

It is hard to believe how fast time goes. I once had a client that said kids are a certain age for as long ad they need to be, and that each stage was great and kept getting better. This is true but there is a part of me that wishes I could go back in my mind and really remember what it was like when Cassie was just a little thing home from the hospital, or when Marcus first smiled. The memories are there since I have tried to stay up on the photo taking, but my memory does not hold things that way I wish it would.

Marcus today was making the best faces when eating his green beans, I am not sure if it is the texture, the fact they were cold or just the taste, but he would grimice, shudder and twitch a little. It was really funny for me to watch, I suppose less funny for him.

On Saturday Cassie had her third birthday party. It went great, she had a ton of family and friends here at the house and they had a blast. The best part of the day for me was when she came down in the morning and asked to see her cake. I had spent weeks thinking and planning what I was going to do, and wanted to come up with something she would love. I made her a fairy cake. Complete with Tinkerbell, a waterfall and flowers. She looked at is and said in her little voice "Mom, you did wonderful" all the hours, the sore back and the died hands from icing colouring were worth it. A labour of love....

No comments: